Thursday, August 26, 2010

Endorphin Efforts

Today, the Cherokee Crew accomplished a couple boat projects.  (Note:  There is always a project to be done on the boat.)

TC went about removing the starter, so that he could make sure he ordered the right one.  We found an awesome after-market vendor.  Two starters have been ordered!   Although, the two times we started the boat today, there was no delay at all.  Seriously, you’d have thought there was nothing wrong with the starter. That’s how it works though, right?  Better to be safe than sorry.

TC also worked on the drip/anti-finger-smashing bars for our sliding hatches that cover the port and starboard companionway entrances. 
It's good not to smash one's fingers.
While TC was doing this, Paul and I worked to remove all the forward hatches – port, two in the main, and the starboard.  They were all leaking slightly and the one in TC’s and my starboard side was worthless.  While Jer was here, I think that he thought he smelled musty, but come to find out it was the salt water soaked carpet.  Sorry about that Jer.  We found out that the original caulk we used seemed to be totally bad – after we removed the bolts from the hatches, we could easily pop them out. 
Yay for teamwork!  And the best part is that they no longer leak!






This afternoon, we went to the matinee showing of Salt.  We were the only ones in the theater, just like when we saw Eclipse.  This time, though, I didn’t have to explain the whole movie to Paul.  Poor guy, he had no idea what was going on in Eclipse.  Although, perhaps it is TC who should be pitied more since he has also seen the first two in that teen vampire series.

In an effort to get my daily dose of endorphins, I ran back from the theater.  TC’s knee is acting up again, so I ran on my own.  As I ran, I was on the look out for the mean dogs.  I only got two dogs that noticed me and barked, but thankfully there was no chase.  I also got my shower started early as it started to pour about 5 minutes into my 20 minute jog.  I think perhaps I should have brought my GPS watch.  I have no idea of distances here nor my pace, so I really have no idea how far I am running.  Maybe that’s good, though.  Sometimes it’s just nice to run.
Running by a softball game - I am so speedy, I am a blur!
TC and Paul were waiting out the rain at the dock when I arrived.  
I started my shower early.  Note my horribly matched outfit: orange and brown checkered shirt with different pattern gray and pink checkered pants with green checkered socks and a teal headband.
TC and I did a little bit of yoga and some weights when we got back to Cherokee.  That is definitely one of the advantages of having such a spacious deck. 
Like TC's weights?  It's the handle from our old (now topless cooler) and a weight belt set up with dive weights.  He told me that he'll set me up with my my own personal weight set too. 

We just marinated our tuna (a citrus-mustard marinade).  While we’re waiting for the flavors to soak in, we’re going to break out the guitar.  TC is going to teach me, or at least attempt to do so.  And maybe we'll sing a couple of songs (the neighbors are far enough away).  

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you had a very productive day. :) And I love that you love checkers, but someone once said too much of something you love isn't always a good thing. LOL :) Clearly evident by your smashing outit...yeah baby! LOL I'm thinking TC is missing his workouts... :/ But luckily he's found the happier side of the missing cooler top...make weights with the handles! I hope your dinner was yummy. It sounds like a good marinade. :)

    ReplyDelete