Thursday, August 19, 2010

Leaving?

We may or may not leave today, but the wi-fi network is down on most of Majuro.  A friend of a friend of a friend has it at their nice corporate office, so we are using it here.  Since I may not get another chance to get online, I thought I'd post one more blog since it will probably be quite a while before you hear from us.

We'll leave here and hopefully hit Mili Atoll for a day or so.  Then, it's as far east as we can get.  We'd like to get so far east that we can reach Wallis (of the country of Wallis and Futuna).  Never heard of it?  Me either and I'm a geography teacher!  I had to look it up.  You can too: Lonely Planet Describes Wallis and Futuna.  To get there, we need sweet winds.  If we don't get them, then we'll probably just head to Fiji.  We plan to arrive first in Savu Savu.  From there, I should be able to post a blog.  So, even if we stop at Wallis, hopefully you'll hear from us by the 3rd week in September.  (No SSB means no posts while underway.)

Yes, that means we will be sailing for probably 3 full weeks.  Yikes.  I better get those sea legs!

For those of you that believe, pray for save travels.  For those that don't, send good thoughts. :-)

2 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the winds and yes, I'm praying for your voyage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, what can I say...other than Savu Savu, so nice they named it twice! LOL God Speed and Sweet Winds. :p But also, it is September and I'm just getting caught up on the Cherokee "happnins" since I was in the middle of a PCS when you started your Adventurous Endeavors. :) But you do and forever will remain in my prayers for a safe and wonderful trip. :)

    ReplyDelete