Saturday, September 11, 2010

What?! Fun?!

Yes, it may sound crazy, but we have been having fun here the past couple of days. 

Yesterday afternoon, TC and Paul were actually able to do something other than work on our boat problems.  They surfed actual waves! 

Last night, TC and I went out on a date for pizza.  We went to this funny little place called Chit Chat, which is located in the Marshall Islands Club, which is a bar/club.  It was kind of fun.  A small ham/pineapple pizza was $14, a medium was $15, and the large is $16, so of course we got the large.  Then we went and got ice cream.  TC has learned that as a Davis, I must always end my dinner with some sort of dessert.

Paul and TC went out to surf again this morning, while I went running with my new friend Hannah, a World Teach teacher.  She is either going to do the Kwaj Marathon (someone tell Bob that I am trying to recruit for him even from afar) or the Honolulu Marathon, so she is starting to build her mileage.  She’s super fast (fastest time for a marathon is 3:26), but lets me tag along.  Plus, she nicely says she is still acclimatizing to the heat and humidity of the Marshalls, so our pace is okay. 

Today we ran 8 miles.  It was slow, but we did it.  It poured for miles 5, 6, and 7, so we had very heavy shoes for about half the run. When it rains hard here, it turns into one big puddle.  Plus, I don’t think I am used to wearing so much clothing when I run.  I wear long shorts and a shirt that covers up everything.  Those clothes get heavy too!  I haven’t run 8 miles since . . . marathon training last year?

Unfortunately for me, since TC and Paul took the dinghy to go surf, I had to kayak back to the boat.  It was not far at all, but you’d have thought I was kayaking across the entire Pacific.  I was so tired. 

TC and Paul were on the boat for the last part of the rain (they had just gotten back from surfing).  TC got a picture of this cool rainbow spreading from one ship to another. 
Kind of faint, but you can still see it.  By the way, there are now only 4 fishing boats in the harbor down from a high of around 20.
Then tonight, it got super dark – almost like an eclipse.  Clouds came in from both sides to cover up the sun.  It was kind of foreboding. 

And since it started to pour and we had lots of water, TC decided to do laundry.  I went out with the camera to take a picture – you know, to further document life on a boat.  I get outside and see TC butt naked doing the laundry.  I hadn’t realized that he decided to kill two birds with one stone and do laundry while he showered.  I told him that he better make himself appropriate enough for blog pictures.  Hopefully, this one is not too scandalous for the public. 

P.S.  Yes, he is doing my laundry as well as his own.  I really love this man!

No comments:

Post a Comment