Friday, October 22, 2010

A Baking Fiend

Thursday, October 14, 2010  

It was a day of baking and reading.  I spent most of the morning baking pumpkin bread and chocolate cake for the two families who have given us so much – bread, breadfruit chips, coconuts, etc.  I am still learning how to use our oven, and I don't think I can ever complain about our kitchen oven making it hot.  Baking on the boat in the middle of the day makes it really hot. 

I made grilled cheese for lunch with the bread that Tommy's wife (Mina) baked for us.  Why is this noteworthy?  it's been so nice having BREAD!  (We ran out of it a while ago and are even getting near the end of our own flour, so not making bread for ourselves much).

We went in for a short while in the evening to deliver our baked goods to the Horiuchi family (Tommy's) and then we went over to Junior's family to deliver the second set of baked goods.  I hope that they liked them.


No comments:

Post a Comment