Wednesday, October 6, 2010

SSB Post 15 - Another Still Day

Saturday, October 2, 2010

TC and I awoke and jumped in the water for a paddle and swim. He swims while I paddle, then we switch. The snorkeling here is some of my favorite so far. There is a ton of coral, and healthy coral, at probably only 10 to 15 feet, so you can see the colors really well. There is a great diversity and abundance of fish, which is always nice. Makes the swim a bit more interesting. Plus, I found 5 clams, three of which were embedded in a big piece of golden-colored brain coral. I just love the vibrance of the colors; even when it's a brownish color, the color seems to pulsate with life.

On our way back to the boat, TC and I tested our balance by me sitting on the board, as he paddled. Once we got back to the boat, we took our saltwater shower since we were already salty. I was bummed when TC saw a sea turtle that I missed out on. It's the first one of the trip (I think).

We had a delicious brunch courtesy of TC - homemade hash browns (the shredded kind), warm baking powder biscuits, scrambled eggs, and cheese. Plus, TC made homemade granola for snacks and later breakfasts. Even without fresh fruits and veggies, we are eating pretty well.

The rest of the day we read, did logic puzzles, and attempted to catch fish with the casting rod when we heard splashes around the boat.

After dinner, we watched the first half of a made for TV movie - Broken Trail - with Robert Duvall and Thomas Haden Church. It's a western, so not my usually fare, but pretty good.

After the movie, TC and I laid in the hammocks and watched for shooting stars. He saw one, but I missed it. I did see one later while I was brushing my teeth. Yippee!

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment