Monday, October 25, 2010

Pictures from Buoj Village

We were at Bouj a village on the southwestern part of Ailinglaplap Island, Ailnglaplap Atoll from September 26 to October 1.  I’d been to this village twice previously and always enjoyed our time there.  Almost four years ago, we had brought a lot of toys and clothes to hand out to the kids, so when we arrived three years ago, they remembered us.  This time, there were still some who remembered us – like Flomina. 
Here I am encouraging a little chick to rejoin its momma and siblings - a long ways away.
A beautiful sunset with the silhouette of the copra/supply ship.
TC has fun in the waves while Paul prepares to go fishing (he'd been surfing previously).  
TC gets a barrel - kind of 
Me with some of the kids on Buoj.  The girl in my right arm got a bit possessive of me.  I didn't like that.  
Group photo  - yay for colors!
This is the playground at the Buoj Headstart program.  I bet they don't have these stateside.  
We wanted to get a shot of this little guy running down the road, but he slowed down.  It's still a cute picture, though.
I love the colors in this picture - it's Ailinglaplap lagoon side.  I like how the guy in the boat is a silhouette.

Another gorgeous sunset.
TC took this picture of me, as I take a picture of Paul.  I think he had 3 lines out.


No comments:

Post a Comment