Friday, October 22, 2010

Oh How I've Missed Boat Work

Monday, October 11, 2010 

TC and I woke up to the smell of banana pancakes, thanks to Paul.  They were eaten with peanut butter and nutella or honey since we are at the end of our syrup. 

I had planned to spend another day reading, but TC had other ideas.  It seems so long ago that we discovered that we couldn't properly reef our main sail.  Columbus Day turned out to be the day that we, mainly TC, remedied that.  I served as the right-hand-girl – holding stuff while he measured, going to get tools/supplies, cleaning up after epoxying, etc.  We also used epoxy to fill in some dings on the SUP board and one of TC's surfboards, one of Paul's fishing rods, and then one of the steps on the main mast. 

Luckily for me, I was busy sending/receiving our messages while TC finished up the project by installing the new cheek blocks.  This is the messiest part of the job since it involves sealant.  I think he just felt bad for me since I'd clumsily smacked my head into the boom, and then an hour later ran face first into the edge of a sunshade.  I am very clumsy sometimes, and it occasionally hurts enough to bring tears.

Paul and Tommy went out fishing in the dinghy.  They came home around dark with a big dogtooth, a big uku or job fish, a couple mackerels, a rainbow runner, and an ulua.  Paul told Tommy that he could have all the fish, if we could have half the dogtooth.  Tommy was really happy when Paul offered to store his share of the dogtooth in our fridge, so they could have cold sashimi tomorrow.  

No comments:

Post a Comment