Wednesday, October 20, 2010

SSB Post 22 - Sunday Visitors

Sunday, October 10, 2010 - Sunday Visitors

I spent most of the day reading, I guess. Is it sad that I don't really know where the day went? It seems that the longer the trip goes on, the more the days stay the same. This isn't really a problem, but I feel that I should be more active. Oh well, time enough to be active upon our return. For now, I'll take advantage of my reading time.

In the afternoon, we had a visit from the fisherman to whom TC & I had given our fish (cava cava). We learned that his name is Tommy & that he is the brother of Lee Horiuchi who we met on Buoj. He paddled up with this four kids and a bag of coconuts and bananas. Yay fresh fruit! We gave them a tour of the boat & sat on the deck & chatted. I brought out peanut butter crackers and cheese crackers for the kids, which they devoured with shy smiles on their faces.

I was also struck by the thought that in the States, or even on Kwaj, I'd ask the parents if their kid had any peanut butter allergies. It doesn't seem to be a problem here. A lot of people eat their pancakes with peanut butter on them - or perhaps that is just what they have offered us.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment