Friday, October 8, 2010

SSB Post 16 - Reading and Relaxation

Sunday, October 3, 2010

We were awoken in the early AM hours by the sound of the wind generator, his Chewbacca-esque noises alerted us to the likely arrival of rain. Sure enough, after about five minutes, it started to pour. Yay! I wonder if I will forever treasure the gift of rain after this trip. I hope so.

TC was probably up for an hour emptying the pots into our big water jug, making sure it got totally full. We've been doing a pretty good job of staying hydrated, so we go through quite a bit of drinking water.

Thanks to the rain and thick clouds, we slept in until after 9 AM. TC and Paul might have gotten up earlier if not for the wind, which would have messed up any existing swell.

It was cool enough for coffee and tea in the AM. Yay!

I finished reading another book, Rumors of Another World by Philip Yancey. He's the author of one of my favorite books ever - What's So Amazing About Grace? I've read that book at least 3 times and will read it many more. It helps remind me of what "grace" really is. More on that in a separate post on books that I've read.

When there is not that much to do, life around here is pretty darn relaxing.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment