Sunday, November 7, 2010

SSB Post 28 - Mosquitos!

Monday, November 8, 2010

We didn't get into shore yesterday as planned since it was pretty windy and rainy, plus we remembered that it was a Sunday so the kids would not be at school. We let them know that we'd come today at around 2:30. It'll be fun to hand things out, and it will be good to clear some space on the boat before visitors arrive.

After two nights here, let me say that the mosquitos are BAD! We knew this from last time (when I got 15 mosquito bites on my foot from having my foot against the net), but it seems even worse. TC was trying to exercise on deck, and he was surrounded by a swarm. He killed 20 mosquitos in a few minutes and decided to quit. I took refuge in our berth where we had hung up the mosquito net the previous night. I counted at least 20 mosquitos swarming around me - after I killed ten that were resting on the top of the net above by head. It kind of looks like a war zone in our berth now - squashed mosquitos everywhere. Yuck.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment