Monday, November 22, 2010

SSB Post 34 - Boys are Getting Their Waves

Monday, 11/22/2010

Yesterday, we hung out around Katchii in the morning before heading out to Mezetchoku for the guys to surf in the afternoon.

All this surfing is getting a little monotonous for Ellie & me maybe. However, I am enjoying trying to take good pictures. It gives me a challenge/something to do.

Plus, I am happy that TC is getting to have some fun now. He worked so hard for so long (October 2008 to September 2010 with all the issues in Majuro). The first year the boat was out of the water, he worked on it almost every day, but usually took one weekday evening off. Then all last year, he worked on Cherokee 7 days a week when he was on island. When he was off island, he was working on finding parts and getting them delivered to Kwaj (I remember because I'd usually have to run to the boat to measure something). He can probably now say that he has been able to surf more in the past month (with the Northern Kwaj Atoll trip) than the past two years. We're looking forward to returning to Kwaj & actually getting to enjoy the benefits of living there.

Plus, yesterday, I got in the water too and snorkeled in the waves with the little GoPro camera. It was fun, but I have to learn to get closer.

Today, we've had pretty rainy weather. However, the guys still went surfing. I didn't take pictures until the slight rain stopped, and the pictures weren't quite as nice since it was overcast the whole time. That's also the reason I didn't get in the water. I was cold (and drinking hot chocolate) while I hung out on the boat completely dry.

We're on the way back to Katchii now. We just caught two ono and had two more strikes, but we also had two lines break. Oh well, once again, Paul continues to be lucky with his fish catching. We still haven't run out of fish yet. :-)

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment