Friday, November 12, 2010

SSB Post 30 - Another Anchorage

Saturday, 11/13/2010

Geoff, Elizabeth, & Timo arrived yesterday. Yay! We had heard that the plane was canceled for the second day in a row, so we were not there to meet them. Good thing that Paul spotted the plane. Normally, we would have heard it, but we had the music on (since we weren't expecting them).

We introduced them to some of our island friends, including Kalani, who I met just a couple days ago. She's confined to a wheelchair and can only use one of her hands/arms. Yet, she is in good spirits and comfortably talks about the cause of her problem - fish poisoning (ciguatera). She speaks English well and has a more worldly outlook than many other Marshallese. I look forward to visiting more with her in the future.

Today, we sailed over to Namu Pass (Ailinglaplap) hoping to see some wave action. No such luck yet. However, we did catch a fairly good-sized yellowfin, so Paul's streak continues! He's kept fish in the fridge ever since we left Kwaj the first time.

After we arrived, we had a later afternoon lunch of breaded dogtooth with a chili peanut sauce. I do love TC's cooking. Plus, we had a fruit salad - mangos (from Kwaj), bananas from Katchii, apples, and grapes (from Geoff/Kwaj). Yum!

Too bad I basically shaved all the skin off the knuckle of my index finger. I'm just lucky I sliced it more horizontally (and not too deep) than cutting a deep gash. That's what happens when I get so excited about dishes.

Anyway, we'll wake up to waves in the morning. If not, we'll enjoy the gorgeous snorkeling.

1 comment:

  1. Huzzah! So glad Geoffrey finally made it, say hello to him for me! Geoffrey taught me to sail long ago on the Cheasapeake Bay (ask him about herding deer with a sailboat...) The pictures look so beautiful, idyllic, even...please post more!

    Warmly,
    Nicolette

    ReplyDelete